How to apply serum
How to apply serum
How to apply serum?
Serums confuse a lot people. They never know why to use, when to use, how to use, or what type to use.
I have heard from many people saying that serums are a waste of time but truth is, if you apply it incorrectly, it is.
But when it is used correctly, serums are beneficially addition to your skin on daily basis.
A general rule of when applying skincare products is always thin to thickest – the thinner the consistency, the earlier you need to apply it.
So basically, apply serums, then oils, then gels and finally creams, always apply sun protection cream at last.
Make sure to leave for few minutes between each product application to absorb.
Serums are highly concentrated and active; this means that you need to be apply first to clean skin.
This way all the active ingredients can go through your skin.
These active ingredients are reason for serums are more expensive than regular moisturisers.
The high concentrations in the raw materials make the price up.
Another point to remember is that not all serums will go with all moisturisers.
you are not sure, either use serums and moisturisers from the same brand or check that the serum to see if it says that if can be included in your daily basis.
This will mean that there are no ingredients that will react with moisturisers.
Always read the instructions. Many people apply too much of serum and then complain that it doesn’t sink in the skin.
A little amount will go a long way and rather apply too little and add, rather than having to wipe the excess off.
As I mentioned before, accurate application of serum is essential for its effectiveness.
Here are some great tips for getting the results:
- Active ingredients go through better when skin is clean, warmed and slightly moist, so cleanse thoroughly before start.
- Apply a warm moist towel to your face to gently to open pores, which will leave skin slightly moist.
- Apply tiny dots of serum all over your face and then blend lightly and quickly all over the face.
- Use short light but firm strokes to apply your face serum. Do not stretch, pull or rub the skin.
- While the serum is still wet, after applying gently tap the surface of your face skin with your fingers for half a minute. You can use all your fingers both hands on either side of your face very lightly and gently. The tapping action encourages the serum to sink fully in the deeper into layers of the skin as far as it is able to go.
- If you feel any itch sensations when you apply the serum, don’t worry. Itch can be a sign the active ingredients in the serum are getting started to the coat, where they need to be if they are going to work. Types of serum ingredients where you may see this result include vitamin C and retinoids
- Only when your serum is fully dry, touch dry on your face (this should take around 3 minutes), should apply your oils, eye cream and moisturizer in a similar manner. Let that sink in fully before you apply your foundation and normal makeup.